Wednesday 14 January 2009

Another heart attack

My dad called today. He's had another heart attack. He came off the blood-thinning tablets a couple of months ago, and the stent couldn't handle it. They've upgraded his stent now, and put him back on the drugs. It was on Monday, and he's home now.

He seemed oddly chipper about the whole thing, which made it quite difficult to guage my own feelings - he didn't really exhibit many. I don't quite know how I feel yet. It might take a little time to sink in.

The strangest thing is that on Monday I wrote a letter to Zoe, an old friend who I didn't manage to catch up with over Christmas. In the letter, I wrote, "my dad hasn't suffered any relapse of the heart trouble that he went through this time last year." I wrote it on the day of his heart attack. Erie, huh?

No comments: