Tuesday 9 December 2008

C-c-c-c-c-cold

I woke up cold. My heating isn’t on. Is it my room? Is it the whole house? I’m not sure. Brrr! I couldn’t make the shower run hot, so I had a stand up wash instead. I’ve left my toothbrush at Everett, so I bought one on the way to work. Calamity upon calamity! Another dream remembered, curiously enough. I am now the coach of the England rugby union team, and it is match day. Now it is the time for me to stir up the changing room before kick off. I open my mouth, but can’t speak. The players look at me expectantly. I am silent. I wake up, cold.

“Rather than attend the _____ meeting today Dave, can you order and collect our sandwiches for lunch time.” Um… you’re my boss, I’m hardly going to say no, am I? It was the highlight of my career to date. Seriously. Never before have my colleagues shown such interest in my work. Never before has the impact of my work been as conspicuous. Never before had I seen a room of such smiles as I presented what I’d done.

No comments: