Wednesday 10 December 2008

Three copies

I woke up cold, again. I tried the shower, to no avail, again. I left it running, and began to fill the sink with hot water. The shower trickled off and died down, so I turned off the tap on the sink. The shower came back on, and it was warm. Yes! I jumped underneath, and enjoyed a full thirty seconds of warm water before it went cold again. No! Were we out of hot water? Maybe? I was glad of the sink full of hot water. Another stand up wash then!

As I walked to Katsouris at lunchtime, I imagined a world in which I was entirely independent, like a tower in the desert. I bought three copies of the same book to give to three different people for Christmas. Including my own copy, that’s four times I’ve bought the book. It’s a gem, and it deserves to climb up the bestseller chart. Even if I have to buy more copies.

After work I met Tracy for some tea at Oklahoma, and a chat. She seems very well, and looks in good health. I gave her the present I'd bought for her, and she explained that the one she'd bought for me was really big. How exciting! Nothing satisfies like a massive present!

I went back to Everett to collect my bike, and loaded up the rucksack with my laptop, the Playstation, and the router. Quite a geeky cargo, I thought. If I get hit by a car, they'll think that I'm on my way to a nerd-herd event. It was pretty tough to balance with all that data processing power on my back, but I made it home without any trouble.

Later I met Dunk and Al in the Trevor, and then went to theirs for some FIFA09 action. Normally I'm a PES man through and through, but I was quite impressed. Not won over, of course, but quite impressed. I know that moving to Chorlton will mean certain changes in my life, but PES will still be king for me, I think. I hope.

No comments: