Sunday 1 August 2010

Skyride


These scars I earned...
Bicycles, bicycles, bicycles, everywhere you looked, bicycles! Dunk and I chatted merrily around the Skyride route from Castlefield up to Sportcity and back again. Afterwards, we still had the hunger to ride, so headed down the canal and out on the NCN Route towards Dunham Massey. A flat tyre outside Timperley left me lagging, so Dunk sped off to collect his car. We were famished, so we went to Croma. What a man-date. We caught up – chatting about Japan, about work, about Laura. Our half-bottle of wine lubricated conversation nicely, and I really enjoyed catching up with Dunk. One of the saddest things about Dunk and Kate breaking up, for me at least, is that Dunk isn’t around the house like he used to be. A pint at Pi, and our day was over. I walked home feeling warm and fuzzy, with my phone in my hand and Laura’s voice in my ear.

No comments: