Saturday 31 July 2010

A lesson

"I can't believe she's taken the fucking tin opener to Kendal Calling!"

Ah, communal living... what a joy. I work a day job, and my flatmate works a bar job, so we don't overlap much. This means that both of us - when we're in - feel like that we have the flat to ourselves. However, we also both get that odd sensation that someone has been moving stuff around whilst we're out. Normally it's just a little odd, but sometimes it can really grind one's gears. Like now.

"That's so incon-fucking-siderate... selfish..."

I stomped around, scowling and moody. Should I confront her about it? Should I text her now, at the festival, and have a go at her? Should I buy another tin opener and ask her to pay for it? I started to put away the clean dishes as I plotted and raged.

And there, under a pot, was the tin opener.

I picked it up and held it in my hand. Whatever happened to Assuming Good Faith? What happened to positive thinking? How had I become so easy to think badly of Kate? What had happened to me?

No comments: