Tuesday 11 November 2008

Review meeting

The feared representative of the Department for ________ came to visit us at work today. We had a massive project review meeting, which was the last thing I needed on top of all of the stress of Monday’s news. Somehow though, it went swimmingly well. The project isn't just about me, I thought. And neither is this flat-share drama. I put out the batsignal, asking if anybody knew of anybody that needed anybody. Some helpful people came back and said, "Doesn't Clare have a spare room?" I couldn't help but smile.

Meeting Pip after work for pints was a great way to swing my thinking round - with the demonic envoy at work all day, I'd not really had much time to mull living arrangements over. And that's a good thing, I think. My viewpoint developed, and I came round to being more excited about the challenge of moving somewhere new, and less pissed off about it. Not entirely un-pissed off, mind, but much less so.

No comments: