Saturday 23 August 2008

Where the fuck are Punt and Dennis?

I watched my first Olympic events today. The Spanish and Russian creative synchronised swimming was amazing. I remember sarky gets like Punt and Dennis spouting off when team synchronised swimming was made part of the Olympics in ’96. Twelve years on, sychronised swimming is still entertaining millions on the telly. Where the fuck are Punt and Dennis?

Liz and Gemma came with me down to Old Bedes to watch Paul play his first game of rugby in fifteen years. Gemma and Liz get on very well, which is good for two reasons: one, it’s good that they get on because it’s good when ANY two people click; two, it meant that they could chat to each other, and wouldn’t get too bored whilst I watched the game. It was a gorgeous day, and I was really in the mood for booze, so I hit the Strongbow straight away. A good move!

After the match we met Miriam in the Red Lion, and then all headed over to 46 to rustle up a Bolognese. It turned into an epic session, with Pervy and Paul getting on like a geek house on fire(fox) – interfacing, someone said – oodles of drinking, and loads of fooling around. I think Lu was a little embarrassed that Pervy pumped up Miriam’s tyres, but it was a well-intentioned move, bless him.

No comments: