Sunday 24 August 2008

I Am Shit

After another Liz breakfast special – poached eggs and sausages on toast – and a quick rock out to Stairway on Rock Radio, I headed to Spinningfields to meet my old school friend James. Town was very busy because of Gay Pride. A small stage next to Café Rouge hosted some local bands, but as we couldn’t drink and watch the music at the same time, we chose the pub. Louise and some friends came and joined us, with Paul, Guardi, Pippa and Liz not far behind. Pippa and Liz hit it off straight away, and James charmed everybody with his posh accent, noble vocation and tales of his well-travelled last decade. Guardi was a grumpy fucker, no change there. We sat in the sun outside HaHa bar and laughed and drank. I love it when friends that don’t know each other get on.



We watched I Am Kloot at the end of the evening. I Am Shit, more like. Next!



Next it was on to the Sand Bar, where Super Bruce tried to poison me with strong lager, and then to Big Hands. James loves Big Hands. Pippa loves Liz. Liz loves Pippa. James loves Liz and Pippa. I love my friends. And I really love my girlfriend. She’s the guitar solo in my life.

No comments: