Saturday 2 July 2011

Chris and Flora's wedding

Chris and Flora were married at the Danish Church on Regents Park today. The reception took place at the Royal Institute of British Architects on Portland Place. We took a few photos, which you can see here via Dropbox. I've a few personal highlights, after the jump.


The male voice choir really added OOPMH!!! to the sound inside the chapel. Normally weddings aren't packed with church-goer, and so often the singing is insipid. Everyone thinks, "How does this song go? I'll sing quietly in case I screw up." Not with a forty-strong voice ensemble behind you though. Excellent work Chris!

The food was stunning. I was blown away by the canapes at the champagne reception, and the main meal was sumptuous. Fillet beef, rare and tender, and a beautiful strawberry dessert. A treat. I was stuffed...

...but not too stuffed to get stuck into the tradtional Iranian dancing. The photos say it all, I think. Look! Conga! Hip-hop-style circle battling! Awesome!

No comments: