Thursday 23 September 2010

Pippa and Hula

Text from Pippa: "Let's go for a drink DTRMCR, I haven't seen you in ages!"

Yes, good idea! How about some two-for-one cocktails at Hula bar?

Great!

It's been a long time since I sat down with Pip and had a good old booze and a gossip. She told me about a night out she'd had with Kate and Little Laura from Sol's. Little Laura's still saying what she always does about Oscar - that they'll end up together, even tho she seeing someone else. Pip and I talked about the break-up with Bruce. It's over, she said, completely dead in the water. The break-up was a long time coming, she said, and there was never going to be any way back from it. I found myself thinking that it's far better to be like Pip than like Little Laura in that sort of situation. Braver to say "that's it, finito" than to face the terrible reality of an eternity apart. Different copes for different folks.

No comments: