The registry office was too small for all of the guests to attend, so Dominic organised a webcam in a room of a local pub where the excess guests – Laura and myself included – could watch the wedding on a big screen. Laura got stuck in to meeting and greeting different people in the room, making a storming impression on Helen Clarke with her background in floristry whilst making some flower petal confetti.
After the wedding – with a quick detour to watch the end of Argentina vs Germany – it was all back to Lewisham for food, cabaret and the band. The food was lush, a compendium of tasty vegetarian treats. Our evening’s entertainment came from the guests at the wedding. The cabaret saw Skinner as the compere, and several acts performing.
- Martin performing his poem "The Wedding of Jalin O'Clossick
- The Overlooked Bridesmaids and their version of "I will survive"
- “Always been the best damn part of me…” by Dominic Bristow
- "Let’s drain all the champagne" by Jamie and Dom
- Jane's beautiful song about flying hand in hand with Colin*
- Colin's cousin, pictured, singing old Irish love songs.
Vin's band played. Wine was drunk. And so were we...
*EDIT: The song is called 'Tonight we fly," and it's by the Divine Comedy.