Wednesday 21 July 2010

Surprise birthday party!


The lovely Laura turned 30 today, and her lovely housemates threw her a lovely birthday party!

Michaela and Jen had made party food for everybody! Retro style, with cocktail sausages, cheese on sticks, little sandwiches and all manner of nibbles. Yum! Afterwards, fun and games for everybody involved. Pass the parcel! Egg and spoon race! Three-legged race! Musical chairs! Pin the tail on the donkey! And...[drum roll]... the big finale... piƱata! What an occasion!

It was a fitting end to the day. We had breakfast with Michaela, brown bread with smoked salmon and cream cheese. I went to work in the morning, and then I met Laura (and Michaela) at the Hilton for some lunch. It was my first time there. The view was stunning. Laura and I then went to meet Kath. The girls went to the pub, and I went back to work. Afterwards we sneaked a quick pair of cocktails in town before heading to the surprise party.

No comments: