Wednesday 17 March 2010

Death of a Fuckin' Salesman*

RICKY ROMA: Fuck you, Dave. You know you got a big mouth. You make a close, this whole place stinks with your farts for a week - how much you just ingested. Oh, what a big man you are! "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it." Whoof! Your pal closes, and all that comes out of your mouth is bile. Ooh, how fucked-up you are!


DAVID MOSS: Cop couldn't find his dick, two hands and a map.
- - -
SHELLEY LEVENE:What the hell are you? You're a fuckin' secretary. Fuck you. That's my message to ya: fuck you and you can kiss my ass and if you don't like it baby I'm going across the street to Jerry Graff, period, fuck you.
- - -
RICKY ROMA: You stupid fucking cunt. You, Williamson, I'm talking to you, shithead. You just cost me $6,000. Six thousand dollars, and one Cadillac. That's right. What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do about it, asshole? You're fucking shit. Where did you learn your trade, you stupid fucking cunt, you idiot? Who ever told you that you could work with men? Oh, I'm gonna have your job, shithead.
- - -
Ah, the dulcet tones of Glengarry Glen Ross. How soothing! The production, at the Library Theatre, was superb. The Williamson and Roma parts were played particularly well, but the star of the show was Shelley 'The Machine' Levene. I'd never seen the play before, and I enjoyed every second. Laura and I sat at the end of the aisle, seats K1o and K11. Her shoeless left foot rested on the laces of my right for the whole play, warm, intimate and snug.

*According to Ed Harris, the actors in the film version used the nickname Death of a Fuckin' Salesman for the play on account of its profanity. Citation needed? Citate this, you fuckin' fuck!

UPDATE 19/3: Review here, via Manchester Confidential.

No comments: