Monday 9 February 2009

Nook, Bar, Iguana

Iguana is an odd bar. It's rougher than one might expect, but it's kind of hip too. Sometimes I really like it, but other times I don't at all. We only went there because it was open late and Pi wasn't. Kate and I had been to the Nook on Wilbraham Rd for a few ciders and a catch up. I liked the bar, which reminded me of a PoNaNa I'd been to somewhere else, but Kate had itchy feet, so we nipped around the corner to the Bar, and right into the middle of a pub quiz. Doh! I once went on a terrible first date that meandered between several pubs, the first of which was in the middle of a pub quiz. The questions asked over the speaker system interfered with the getting to know you questions we were asking each other. "What kind of music are you IN THE 1976 FA CUP FINAL, WHO SCORED THE..." On that occasion, we got away as soon as we could. This time, Kate and I tried to answer the questions quietly, so as not to spoil anybody else's fun. "Above us only sky," makes for a great charade.

My coldsore is really clearing up. Those patches are amazing.

No comments: