Wednesday 4 February 2009

My birthday, the daytime

I had cheesecake for breakfast, then headed into town. I figured I'd celebrate my birthday by checking out the Manchester Jewish Museum. It was ace. The building is very modest, and full of beautiful things. I was lucky enough to catch the back end of one school trip from downstairs, and then the front end of another from what used to be the ladies gallery. Working with schoolkids in that kind of setting must be very satisfying.









I was especially moved by an audio account of the Lithuanian pogroms. GO to this museum, if you get the chance.

Spending my Waterstone's vouchers wasn't going to be hard. I had a few things on my list. The Killing Joke, by Alan Moore, The Dark Knight Returns, by Frank Miller, and Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, by Grant Morrison. They had them all in Waterstone's. And guess who served me? Only that girl I had that crush on.

Lunch at Katsouris, yum!

No comments: