Thursday 22 January 2009

Objects in the rear view mirror

Becky had some bad news about the flat she was going to buy which means that the deal might fall through. It’s complicated, but she might end up staying in the house. Would I have chosen the house if I’d known that was the case? Probably. And I was told she was moving out in good faith, not as a trick! I listened to Becky explain her worries, and tried to offer what support I could. Later on, Kate came round for dinner. We had a mushroom stir-fry, a pear tart, and four bottles of wine. Her photos from Budapest are amazing - the memorial to the Jews killed on the side of the Danube especially touched me: cast iron shoes stretching along the bank. It was overwhelmingly sad. We compared the differences in artwork between the Meat Loaf albums Bat Out Of Hell and Bat Out Of Hell II, Back Into Hell. When Becky came back from capoeira, she joined us for a slice of pear tart and a glass of wine. Becky has really thawed out lately – I suppose we know each other much better now.

No comments: