Saturday 10 January 2009

Cellar time!

It was too cold to dig, so Durex postponed our fixture. I got on with clearing out the cellar. It was a tip, full of old cardboard and bits of polystyrene that once kept stereos secure. I found letters dating back to 2004, and empty Space Raiders boxes. It took a few hours, but it was totally worth the effort. I managed to get most of the junk into one half of the cellar, and to leave the other half quite pleasant. It’s a good place to store the chairs that go with the new table.

Liz picked me up from the Vic after the deathly-dull Stoke Liverpool game, and drove round to my house for tea. We had mushroom and chicken risotto, served with lashings and lashings of white wine, then cheesecake, and later crackers, cheese and port. The table performed well on its debut, and then we settled down with “The World is Not Enough.” What a ludicrously bad film, but that isn’t important; I really enjoyed myself. I’ve missed Liz so much in the last couple of months, so it was great just to spend time together. James wasn’t the only Bond I enjoyed tonight.

No comments: