Saturday 20 December 2008

“Change at Sheffield, and again at Leicester”

Wrapping took an age. Owen’s gift was easily the largest in my case, which he was very pleased to hear. The girl sat opposite me on the train was wearing all red. Red shoes, red skirt, red blouse, red nail varnish, red handbag. She was sniffling, but when I offered her a tissue, she wouldn’t take it. She was reading about critical theory, or something theoretical. I was intrigued. Well, until I got off at Wellingborough at any rate. Dinner at Caroline’s was lovely. Izzy is getting more and more fun to be around. She smiles, she giggles, she reacts - much more rewarding than my last visit. We watched Gremlins, which Kev had never seen. He and I put away the best part of two bottles of wine. He’s a gent. I’m a big fan.

No comments: