Tuesday 18 November 2008

Falling through?

Today my new landlady called and explained that a couple had looked at her house before I looked, but hadn't got back to her until after I'd signed the contract. They'd offered her a better deal than I could, so she was going to let them the whole house, rather than me a room. Did I want to move there for a couple of months, she asked, and then move into her friend Nick's house? The couple were moving in on 1st Feb.

Gazumped! I felt so sad! What should I do? Start again? Move there for a couple of months, then start again? Move there for a couple of months, and then into Nick's house?

Emma and Nick, I assumed, would be living in the same house as me, both before and after I moved between their houses. So living with them as a couple doesn't really come into my thinking. They're both very nice people - better than the autocrat in Chorlton (Chorlto-crat?), better than the 'wait out here' debt collection agency guy on Palatine Road - and Nick's is just around the corner from Emma's. So the area would be the same.

But then again, it's so far from all of my friends. But then again, is that a bad thing? Blank slate and all that... Hmmmm...

Let me sleep on it, I'll give you my answer in the morning.

No comments: