Thursday 9 October 2008

Overheard

K: All the dating websites I’ve seen – even that one, that Sarah Beeny website – you’ve got to pay for them all when you sign up. Even on match.com

S: It’s worth it though. And you’ve got nothing to lose.

K: He’s a bit older too.

S: I like older men.

K: I used to, when I was younger.

S: How old are you?

K: Thirty-three. Yeah, so it’s only seven years.

S: I suppose so. I thought you were thirty-five.

K: I am. But the last lot have all been in their twenties, twenty-two, twenty seven.

S: Yeah, well you’ve nothing to lose have you?

K: But I don’t like my photos… I’m gonna ask P___ what he wants from me.

S: Really?

K: I’ve got nothing to lose by asking him, I’ve got nothing to lose by joining that website.

S: Nothing to lose by going out with that 42 year old either.

K: So do I admit to him that I’m looking for a relationship?

S: No. No don’t do that.

No comments: