Saturday 2 August 2008

Trevor Dulcimer

I’d always got on pretty well with Liz’s housemates Lucinda and Laura, and with their fellas, Pervy and Phil respectively, but we’d never all been out for a pint. Until tonight, that was. I was quite nervous – lots of Liz’s uni friends were coming out too, including some who were or are close friends with her ex-boyfriend. There was massive potential for me to slip up and show myself to be a much bigger wanker than anybody had thought I already was. But it turned out a lot better than I thought it would. What a riot!

Liz drove us to Chorlton. We sat outside the Trevor, and chatted as we drank. Poor Pervy, Liz and I were drinking pints, whilst Lu and Sonicka were on shorts and mixers. Poor us, in that the natural time it takes to drink a pint and the natural time it takes to drink a vodka and tonic aren’t the same, and that the pint drinker is always behind, and is subsequently always rushed. I moved onto double whiskies. Pervy vanished.

The evening blurred after seeing Chau, and although I remember Dulcimer, and dancing with Lucinda, and sitting outside on the bench with Liz, I can’t entirely grasp the details.

On the way home I stopped the taxi, and spent £8 on flowers from a garage for Liz. Romantic or what!

No comments: