Saturday 30 August 2008

Allotment, Barbecue, Burglary

I went to the allotment first thing. Well, after Football Focus.




To prepare for Vicky’s birthday barbecue, I brought potatoes and blackberries from the allotment. The potatoes went into a potato salad, and the blackberries came with us to the party to be used as the base for gin and blackberry cocktails. The barbecue was absolutely brilliant - I had a wonderful time. I think the blackberry cocktails went down better than the potato salad, but both were a success. Lots of Liz’s friends from Uni were there, some of whom I’d met – Kinsella the fella – some of whom I hadn’t – Becca, Youlande. I’m always nervous about meeting Liz’s friends, as I really want them to like me.

Pervy and I found some hard hats in a skip when we went out to get cigs, so we put them on as we came back into the party. What an entrance! Or maybe we looked like massive losers! Who cares! We kept ‘em! They got passed around for a little while, then discarded. So we took them home! They’re in the dining room at 46! Yeah!

The night ended in carnage, with Lucinda deciding to take what we’d brought home with her, and Laura and Liz toppling and tumbling over on more than one occasion. We stole from the barbecue. Sausages. Pringles. Twiglets. Kronenbourg 1664. We were bad. Very bad.

No comments: