Thursday 12 June 2008

Salmon and pride

Pip came round for tea for what felt like the first time in absolutely ages - I think it was soup season last time she ate here. I made orange crusted baked salmon with new potatoes and courgettes, with a strawberry crumble for pudding. We opened Pepe's nice fizzy white wine, and had a good old chat. Afterwards we went to the Red Lion and then to Fuel and carried on talking. I'd told Pip about the parents' stories project earlier in the evening, so when Jos came over to say hello, she said that she knew how his parents had met. It was funny. Pete met us for a pint later on, and was dead sweet - he nagged Pip about not being in the studio enough, and then proudly showed me his phone pictures of the photos of Pip as a kid as we all walked home. He's very into her, I'd say. Very into her.

No comments: