Sunday 8 June 2008

Balsam bashing


What a gorgeous day today was! Elaine collected me from the middle of Timperley after an ill-advised attempt to walk from home to the Malt Shovels in Altrincham before 9.30am. Staying out late the previous evening with Kate, Duncan and Gethin meant that I woke later than I should have, and that I was not as energetic as I ought to have been.

Balsam bashing means pulling up Himalayan Balsam, an easy enough task given the shallow roots and celery-like form of the plant. The relative ease of the task, and the large size of the group, meant that we were able to clear a large area during the day, which was very satisfying.



Afterwards, we went back to Elaine's lovely house in Altrincham for a barbecue in the sunshine. We played Jenga (again!), and talked about fun.

No comments: