Monday 26 May 2008

New Job Old Job

The first day in my new job went really well. Jacqui invited me round for some tea this evening, and also to look at her garden. Sam came along too. We had a wonderful salad, garlicky roast potatoes, feta cheese, and a couple of beers. And then we slagged off my old rubbish boss as we slouched around in the living room. What a joy!

I met Thom, Ed and Miriam in Fuel later on. Miriam asked me if I thought that Manchester was the place for me. She's been having some doubts about whether it's right for her or not, and I was happy to share my thoughts with her - about the trouble of comparing something new and growing to something in the past that's over, and that has conspicuous highlights and a suspicious lack of low points... Is Manchester the right place for me? That's quite a question to ask onself on the first day of a new job.

No comments: