Thursday 22 May 2008

Last day at work

Today was my last day in the ___ team. This ought to have been a bittersweet moment, but I felt only relief. I got some nice gifts...



...an enormous dictionary...



...and a belting tie! In my leaving speech I thanked Sam and Jacqui, neither of whom were there, for all of the support they'd given me whilst I was in the team. I deliberately didn't say what Kich, Tracy, Jenny, Louise, Lorraine had all said - that it was a lovely place to work because everybody was so friendly - because I think I would have put too much emphasis on certain words, and eneded up conveying an entriely different message: that it was a lovely place to work because everybody was so friendly - ie it was once upon a time but it isn't anymore.

Pints with Pip afterwards was fun, she was very excited about Miss Waterstone's.

No comments: