Wednesday 9 April 2008

Slow burner

In January I applied for a new job. After what felt like a pretty good interview, I was gutted to be told that I was appointable, but not the best candidate for the job. I was first reserve. I assumed that was the equivalent to going on a date with someone, and for them to say at the end that they liked you but only as friend - an okay outcome, but not the desired one.

Today I got an email from the head of the interview panel asking me if I was still interested in the role. Ten weeks down the line, and out of nowhere an offer of a new job. What a massive surprise, and what a welcome one too. I'm meeting someone from that team tomorrow to have an informal chat about the role, but I'm 95% certain that I'm going to take it.

I feel really excited - especially as the field I'd be moving into is much more closely related to the environmental side of things, which is where I'd like to end up in the near future.

No comments: