Monday 7 April 2008

Pip and Clare

I met Pip for lunch today. We went underground at the Pop Boutique, and the food was great. Pip said that she isn’t going to be able to see me as much as she has before. This is because her boyfriend doesn’t like Pip and I spending time together because of our history – we went out for six weeks a year ago. She doesn’t want to hurt his feelings. She thought she should explain why we wouldn’t be hanging out.

I felt upset.

I met Clare for six pints straight after work this evening. We went to the Briton’s Protection and Solomon Grundy’s, and the beer was soothing. Clare said that she thought Pip valued my friendship more than that, and that Pip was handling it in the wrong way. This is because Clare always supports me because of our history – we lived together for eighteen months two years ago. She’s doesn’t toil to read my feelings. She thought she should explain that we could always hang out.

I felt better.

No comments: