Monday 18 February 2008

“Two words: not good enough.”

Mondays aren’t generally my favourite day of the week, but today was brilliant for three reasons.

1 – Kate came and met me for lunch in town. We ate sandwiches from Katsouris in the square at Spinningfields, then looked around the old John Rylands Library on Deansgate. The day was crisp, clear and bright. I enjoyed hanging out so much that I didn’t realise the time, and I had to sneak back into work late.

2 – For the first time since 17th September last year, I played five-a-side football. My twisted knee held out – in fact my fitness impressed me.

3 – News at Ten included a piece about Liverpool FC’s recent run of bad form. Different fans were asked what they thought the problem was, variously answering that it was the manager, the team, the owners. My favourite was an old man, who said, “Two words: not good enough.”

No comments: