Tuesday 22 January 2008

Rage, fury and a headache.



"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage."

I recently gave my job twelve days to impress me, to win me back over. It has failed miserably. Unfortunately, I also failed – albeit less miserably – at the interview I had last Thursday, so the question of whether to leave or not has become purely academic. I do want to leave, but I need to find another job first. Paul has been searching for a less shitty job for about nine months now. I hope it doesn’t take me that long to find something else. Last night I was so angry that I had to leave the office so that I didn’t Hulk SMASH! the whole place in. I drank three pints in Sol’s, an inch of vodka at home, and three more pints in the Lion with the football. I didn’t feel much better after it all, and even less so this morning. But the anger has gradually faded.

I searched. I found.

“Found 313 jobs within 25 miles of M20 ___”

The best of these are:

Environmental officer for a local housing association.

Landscape something.

Urban Forestry Officer. A hip-hop woodsman?

None of them are suitable. There were quite a lot of jobs working on the railway, so I thought I’d have a look at the Railway People site. Zip. Next step recruitment consultants. I despise recruitment consultants.

Bury St Edmunds

Near to the gardens stands Britain's first internally illuminated street sign, the pillar of salt. When built, it had to be granted special permission because it did not conform to regulations.

Bury St Edmunds is the terminus of the A1101, Britain's lowest road.

Moyse's Hall Museum is one of the oldest (c. 1180) domestic buildings in East Anglia open to the public.

Amongst the other noteworthy buildings is St Mary's Church. Henry VIII’s sister, Mary Tudor, was re-buried this church, after being moved from the Abbey six years after her death.

The town holds an annual festival in May. This includes concerts, plays, dances, and lecturers, culminating in fireworks.

Bury St Edmunds is home to Englands oldest Scout Group, 1st Bury St Edmunds (Mayors Own).

The Town Council election on 3 May 2007 was won by the "Abolish Bury Town Council" party. The party lost its majority following a by-election in June 2007 and, to date, the Town Council is still in existence.

Spurs have won 5-1. I was at Woody's. Life is still good. Work sucks. I love this song.

No comments: